In dietician clinic, the dietician/nutritionist evaluates the patient’s nutritional status and recommends the appropriate diet therapy specific to that patient’s needs/goals. Individualized treatment plans and lifestyle modification specific to each patient are created to allow for a sustainable change. The nutritional plan is revised on a regular basis in order to evaluate the client’s response to the recommended nutritional therapy.
Scope of services:
- Nutrition counselling for paediatric(obesity or underweight).
- Nutrition counselling for pregnancy/ lactation women.
- Medical nutrition therapy for chronic disease: diabetes mellitus, hypertension, hyperlipidaemia.
- Nutrition counselling for patients if weight abnormalities: obesity, overweight and underweight.
- Nutrition counselling and treatment for IBS and celiac disease, and other bowel problems.
- Nutrition counselling for athletes, sports nutrition.
- Nutrition counselling for bariatric patients, pre and post bariatric surgeries.
- Providing supervision for catering services and food services management for healthcare facility.
- Medical nutrition therapy for POS patients.
- Nutrition health awareness and education for nutrition medical related problems.
- Medical nutrition therapy for oncology patients, (introduction to neutropenic diet).
Our Specialist Doctors are here to help you
Somaya Al Dahabi
Dr. Somaya has over eight years of experience in medical nutrition therapy for different chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidaemia. She has expertise in weight management for adults and pediatrics, and in post bariatric surgery nutrition management.VIEW PROFILE