The Neurology Department at Yas Clinic offers comprehensive, world- class high quality, patient centered care, by evaluation and management of acute and chronic diseases of the central and peripheral nervous systems and the neuromuscular system. Our team of doctors are internationally trained and strive for excellence in patient focused care; and dedicated to research and teaching and training and mentorship.
Scope of services:
- Headache and Facial Pain, such as Migraine, tension headaches, cluster headaches and Trigeminal Neuralgia.
- Bell’s Palsy.
- Epilepsy and non-epileptic attack disorders.
- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating disorders including Guillain -Barre ‘syndrome.
- Neurodegenerative Disorders including Alzheimer’s disease, and motor neuron disease.
- Memory loss and Dementia.
- Chronic Vertigo and Dizziness.
- Gait and balance disorders /falls.
- Neck pain and back pain, radiculopathies.
- Parkinson’s disease and related disorder.
- Tremor and other Movement Disorders.
- Neuromuscular Disorders, Muscle (myopathy) and neuromuscular junctions (e.g. myasthenia gravis).
- Genetic and rare neurological disorders.
- Neurological manifestations of oncological disorders.
- Metabolic and mitochondrial neurological disorder.
- Infections of the brain and spinal cord with neurological complications.
- Disorders of the peripheral nerves (neuropathy).
- Women and neurological Health /Obstetrics and neurology .
- Management of depression, anxiety and sleep disorder.
Our Specialist Doctors are here to help you
Dr. Ruqqia Mir
Over 25 years of vast and specialized neurology experience in all fields of neurology, with experience and training in UK, starting from Hammersmith hospital London UK to Leeds General Infirmary Leeds and York teaching hospitals in England. Leading to clinical excellence award in 2015. Additional UAE experience with serving SEHA at SKMC and given Adjunct Associate Professor privilege in the college of medicine and Health sciences in UAE.VIEW PROFILE
Dr. Min Htut
I am a consultant Neurologist I treat the following Neurological conditions: (Brain, Spinal cord and Nerves and muscles) for the patient older than 16 years. Example: Epilepsy, Multiple sclerosis, Headache, Parkinson’s disease, Nerve and muscles disease, memory problems. I am also consultant Neurophysiologist: Neurophysiology investigation covers test of brain, nerve, and muscles. I report or personally carry out the tests and for patients of all age group including newborn baby. EEG- is recording of Brain waves and useful investigation for the diagnosis of Epilepsy, patient who has loss of consciousness, and patient who has certain brain injury etc Patients with nerve and muscles symptoms such as weakness, muscles wasting, numbness, tingling, in hands and feet, trapped nerve at hands and feet and back I speak English and Burmese. My specialist training was in the UK, and I have been working in Neurology and Neurophysiology since November 1998. Before I joined the YAS clinic I was working as senior consultant neurologist and neurophysiologist in London, UK. I work YCKC most week days and YCOD ( twice a month).VIEW PROFILE
Dr. Pierre Christophe
Dr Pierre C. Krystkowiak has been appointed Professor of neurology in 2007 at the University of Picardie, Amiens, France. He held some academic positions such as Vice-President to the University Scientific Board and Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Medicine. He also served as Medical Director of Amiens University Hospital. He joined UAE in 2019 then YCKC in 2022. He has over 25 years of experience in the treatment of neurological diseases such as epilepsy, migraine and headache, multiple sclerosis and peripheral nerve and muscle diseases. Furthermore, he has developed an expertise in certain areas for which he is considered as a Key Opinion Leader: movement disorders especially Parkinson's disease and related syndromes, Huntington disease, gait disorders and the use of botulinum toxin in neurological disorders; furthermore, more than 20 years ago, he was one of the pioneers in developing treatment by Deep Brain Stimulation for tremor and Parkinson’s disease, and afterwards, for dystonia and chorea. He has been coordinator or PI of a number of clinical trials or clinical studies, including interventional therapies (Deep Brain Stimulation, fetal neural transplants, apomorphine pump, Levodopa-carbidopa duodenal infusion). He has published over 125 articles in international peer-reviewed journals, mostly in the field of Huntington’s disease, Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders.VIEW PROFILE