The Gastroenterology and Hepatology department at Yas Clinic Hospital offers a comprehensive range of services for patients, including general gastroenterology, hepatology, pancreatology, inflammatory bowel disease, advanced endoscopy and nutrition.
Scope of services:
- Anemia: Investigation and management of iron deficiency anemia.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation and gastrointestinal bleed.
- Gastro-Esophageal reflux disease and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Helicobacter pylori management.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis and Microscopic Colitis).
- Food Intolerance and coeliac disease.
- Investigations and management of abnormal liver function tests.
- Primary biliary cholangitis and autoimmune liver diseases.
- Investigation and treatment of jaundice.
- Fatty liver and other metabolic diseases.
- Haemochromatosis (diagnosis and management).
- Alcoholic Liver Disease and alcoholic hepatitis/cirrhosis.
- Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C treatment.
- Bowel cancer screening.
- Dietary consultation & support in conjunction with the Dietetics Department.
Our Specialist Doctors are here to help you
Dr. Mazn Karmo
Dr. Mazn Karmo is a UK certified Consultant Gastroenterologist and hepatologist (CCT 2008). He is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians. He has over 20 years of experience in all aspects of adult Gastroenterology and Hepatology diseases including diagnostic and therapeutic GI endoscopy procedures. He developed the liver service at the Countess of Chester Hospital in the UK when he worked as head of the Gastroenterology department. He moved to Abu Dhabi in 2019, initially working at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital before joining Yas Clinic. Dr. Mazn has a special interest in assessing and managing liver diseases including fatty liver, autoimmune liver diseases and pre/post liver transplant care. His other area of interest includes GI disorders (abdominal pain, food intolerance, inflammatory bowel disease) and advance endoscopy procedures like ERCP, upper and lower GI stenting/ dilation and bowel cancer screening (UK accredited). He is committed to delivering a professional and personal high-quality service.VIEW PROFILE